Have put the control box in place so I can run the feeds to the track. I re-used my old control box which was made from a green mailbox.
Saturday, 20 June 2015
Have started putting stuff together for getting 'power' to the track. I've put in a weatherproof extension lead for summer use - with the flex going up to the lean-to under cover of gravel.
- buy suitable cable and layout the lengths needed
- buy conduit/plastic pipe to hold the cable
- setup control box (saved from the old layout)
- solder cable to track and lay into the control box
- clean the track
- play with trains ----> 'toot - toot'
Saturday, 6 June 2015
I had hoped to be running track powered locos by now, however the necessary works have not been done to bad weather, a badly sprained foot and two nasty bouts of flu. I've only just caught up on the normal jobs in the garden.
The garden planting has matured nicely and the railway now looks like it belongs in the garden .....