Thursday, 24 July 2014

Adding some wagon loads and a guard ...

 For my cattle van I put a couple of old Schleich cows onto a base and then put that in the cattle van; can only just see the cows through the gaps in the van.
 Next up were some removable wagon loads, I made up some bases from plasticard and scribed them,
 then painted them a light grey and glued on various items barrels, boxes etc to give me some loads I can now swap out of my wagons ...
Lastly I made up a narrow base of card painted it as close as possible to the guards van grey and stuck on a guard (Bachmann figure), the guard on his base can removed if desired

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

New platform surfaces...

For  my in-door garage layout, the platforms surfaces done using Metcalfe OO scale paving  had deteriorated over the damp winter so I've replaced them with some vinyl self-adhesive tiles from Wilkinsons.

 They look much better now and are more robust to cope with the environment of the garage.

Saturday, 5 July 2014

The grass is growing .....

A couple of weeks ago finally decided on what to do with the centre of the garden - have a sort of wild flower 'meadow' instead of just grass.

I put in plenty of grass seed and two boxes of wild meadow mixture as well, now we have some grass coming through in patches - obviously didn't quite get the depth of seed uniform - still it's a start