Thursday 15 June 2017

A visit from Mr Steamy ....

A visit from Mr Steamy, a steam powered Accucraft Ragleth 0-4-T with radio control. My friend brought round his loco to check it ran round OK on the radius 1 curves I've used in the garden layout.

Prior to the visiting loco arriving I did a quick brush of the track and ran a short train round to check all was OK.

video clip ....

On arrival my friend got his loco ready for running; setup on his improvised 'steam up' platform...

watered, fuelled, boiler lit and steam up, then transferred to the track - simmering before a run round

a quick run round to check it was OK on the Radius 1 curves (video clip..)


after that we ran the loco round with a short freight train...
we also tried it with a couple of carriages as well. Nice to have a little steam train running round the garden railway. Useful to know it coped with the radius one curves, so I could buy one - although I would have to save up for a while 😀