Friday, 6 July 2018

Line-side buildings (1) ...

One of the things that has been left un-done for a while is line-side building maintenance.  Usually in spring I get on and re-paint roofs and fix up as needed. Rather than get stuck in I thought it would be a good time this year to improve or replace some of the buildings if possible.

A couple of Sylvanian Families buildings which are nice and robust have been purchased off Ebay recently and await some minor mods before they go outside. One of the buildings came with an extra base part which is used with the building opened up, since I will have them closed the base which is grass green on one side was spare so I had a look at my buildings outside for one which would fit it.

A kiddies toy haunted house was about the right size, so I removed it from its old base and gave it a good clean inside and out (yuk - snails, dirt and creepy crawlies inside). Ready for its new base ....
 I fixed it to the new base with a couple of fix-it bocks and screws. The main and porch roof were given a coat of red-oxide primer (nice and robust weather wise). The figures were stuck on with dab of Evo-Stick which keeps them in place for a good while....
 Building back in place near Rockery Bottom halt...
lots more buildings to sort out ....

2 comments: