Friday, 11 September 2026

Project Railbus (4) .... adding the sides...

In order to do the sides and the interior I bought a cheap Newqida coach body (with seats and glazing) for £20.

A try out of the seats ...

I had lots of fun taking the coach apart, removing the sides and then cutting them to the right size to fit into the railbus...
Each side has a door for access at one end, to show this I scribed the side to indicate the position of the door edge.
The glazing was cut to size and a trial fit was done ....
The coach sides in place, with the windows at the same level as the front ones; two small strips of plasticard were added to fill in the gaps...
the sides have been fitted to the upper assembly, which can be removed for access to the interior...
next job is to make the interior.....

No comments: