Sunday, 19 July 2026

LocoWorks - GVT Loco (4) - mostly complete ?

 The fiddling, fettling and faffing continues....

Strengtheners added to the interior of the front....


the top of the front was not level, so a little bit of plasticard added.....

strengtheners for the cab sides....( I knew those mini g-clamps I bought 5 years ago would come in useful)
Initial tidy up of window size and shape....

strengthener for the front of the cab...
beading round the cab door area ...
The back of the cab strengthened..
Improving the cab door definition and adding a door knob..
making the frame for the roof... (which lifts out, so I can put the roof on and take it off)

Roof top added and a view of the whole loco...
mostly complete, but quite a few things left to do..
  • trim on underside of roof
  • internal cab detail (backplate, coal bunker etc)
  • front and back cab window frames
  • fill in the holes and sand off
  • a simple way to secure the chassis to the loco body
  • some loco crew
  • aftre that its off to the paint shop ....

No comments: