Sunday, 30 August 2026

Project Railbus (1) Getting Started....

Not a sunny Sunday today,  so I decided to make a start on my Railbus project....

The 0-4-0 chassis removed from the Diesel loco (the loco body has gone into the spares box).

The Sylvanian families tram, is held together with screws. So taken apart into three sections - upper side panels, roof and base with lower panels


I chopped the sides to just have the cab ends, also removed the lower side panels from the base...



So now I have three main parts to work on. The base (which will have the chassis attached), the floor with control consoles & seats,  the roof with cab ends.  


I marked out on the underside of the base, the hole through which the chassis is going to fit through...


I drilled holes along the 'cut line' and then cut through any connected bits. The edges of the hole were then filed smooth.  The chassis has had some parts narrowed by about 10mm so it will fit nicely inside.


The proposed plan of attack is:
  • fix the chassis to the base and do a test run.
  • make the roof section up
  • fit the flooring round the chassis, add some seats
  • build the sides
along with lots of bodges and twiddly bits 😀

No comments: